Today MetaMetrics launched “Find a Book” Mobile Beta. Available in the Android marketplace, we wish to subject our app to a round of testing by the users we designed it for….you! You can download “Find a Book” Mobile Beta at: http://bit.ly/Qk9Yqi.
The mobile app has the same popular features as the “Find a Book” website. Upon downloading the app, Android users can:
- Match yourself, your child, or student to the books of best fit based on reading ability (Lexile measure) and personal interests
- Allow a user without a Lexile measure to search for books by estimating his or her Lexile measure based on comfort with grade-level materials
- Search for books using a quick keyword search
- Browse through the entire Lexile titles database
- View a book detail page containing bibliographical and summary information for every title
- Check the availability of books in your local, public library by accessing OCLC’s database of more than 125,000 titles in WorldCat
- Map directions to the closet library with your book selection(s)
- Buy your book selection(s) with a Barnes & Noble® quick link
- Log in with your Lexile account
- Store books for offline viewing
The power of “Find a Book” connects readers with texts based on their personal interests and their reading ability (Lexile measure) to improve reading skills. “Find a Book” enables students, teachers, librarians and parents to find books within a reader’s recommended Lexile range: 100L below to 50L above his or her Lexile measure. Reading books within this optimal Lexile range will challenge the individual’s reading ability, while still maintaining interest and learning. Now available on-the-go, readers of all ages can connect with the books of best fit by downloading “Find a Book” Mobile Beta!