Here’s Anthony Colucci offering educators some useful reminders on their impact in the classroom Classrooms are about more than just curriculum and accountability testing. He argues that while it is necessary to continually revise our state standards there are many bedrock values, core principles that underlie all classroom activity.
Here’s Colucci’s list of standards that are worth remembering:
- My class will be engaging.
- I will stress the importance of hard work.
- I will teach my students what it means to be responsible citizens.
- I will encourage my students to find careers they will love.
- I will treat my students with respect.
While curriculum standards will continue to evolve and grow, keeping these basic principles in mind will go a long way in helping ensure that today’s students become tomorrow’s passionate, educated, and engaged adults.