Here at MetaMetrics, our employees represent a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and interests. As you can imagine, those interests find expression in the wide range of reading materials our employees enjoy. Those selections run the gamut – from popular fiction to research material to philosophy and even travel guides.
We thought it might be interesting to share what we’re reading with our readers. It’s our hope that by sharing these selections with a broader audience, we might expose our readers to new selections or genres they have not previously considered.
To that end, we have redesigned our What We’re Reading page, which can be found in the More About Us box on the right hand side of the blog. A few features worth mentioning:
- Each selection now features a picture of the book cover (where available), allowing readers to establish an image of the book when browsing later.
- Where applicable, books that have been measured now display a Lexile measure, indicating the text difficulty of the title.
- Clicking on the title of the book provides a fuller description for readers interested in learning more.
- Clicking on the author’s name redirects readers to a Barnes & Noble page featuring that writer’s work.
- Best of all, on the right side of the page, readers can find Shelfari. Designed as a virtual bookshelf, Shelfari allows readers to link to a larger community of readers. By clicking on a specific title, readers are delivered to a forum where readers have posted comments and reviews of that title. We encourage you to join the global discussion on books of interest.
Summer is quickly approaching and we hope that your schedule allows for more reading: for research, for enrichment, and especially for fun. We invite you to take a look.